What is the 'profit fee'?

When a property is sold at the end of an investment term, we charge a 'profit fee'. This is 15% of the capital growth in the property.

For example: if a £100,000 house increases in value by 10% and we manage to exit the property at £110,000, there is £10,000 growth/profit. Our fee is 15% of this growth, or £1,500. The remaining 85% (or £8,500) would be distributed to investors in proportion to their stake along with the £100,000.

The profit fee is designed to give our members piece of mind - we will only make our fee if the properties that we list have embedded value or grow in value over the period of the term. We like to think 'we have skin in the game!'