What tax charges will there be?

Each SPV is subject to corporation tax that will be deducted from any funds before distribution to the Crowd. In addition, you may be liable to personal taxes depending on your situation and should seek independent tax advice if required. Income from rent is paid as a dividend each month that the property is tenanted, so should be included on a tax return in the same way as you may include income from stock or share dividends.

In 2014 we jointly commissioned a crowdfunding tax guide, which can be downloaded below.

We can’t provide you with any specific advice about tax and direct you to HM Revenues & Customs website.